What you want to pay attention to is how you are fighting and how much, there are a few different arguing styles
- those who want to resolve the issue
- those who want to be heard
- those who need to be right
- those who don’t wanna deal with it at all
- calm down
- don’t use words like always and never
- don’t get off the topic
So often because we are angry we think this is an opportunity to throw up every little thing that our partner does in an argument that we forget the issue at hand. Which is why the knockdown, drag-out battle never works.
If you’re not with someone you can have open, honest conversation with then maybe the issue is much bigger than the argument at hand.